Rick Thomas Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to those who “Like” and comment on The Lakeland Center’s “Extremely Cute Animal” Illusionist Rick Thomas Facebook Contest post, and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of The Lakeland Center (the “Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, Entrant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted on The Lakeland Center’s “Extremely Cute Animal” Illusionist Rick Thomas Facebook Contest post starting on Monday, March 20, 2017 and ending on Thursday, March 23, 2017. All comments must be posted by March 23, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by “Liking” The Lakeland Center Facebook page and then guessing what animal will appear in the “Extremely Cute Animal” box in the photo by submitting a comment in the “Comments” section of the post. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to remove and disqualify any comment deemed to be profane, offensive, pornographic, defamatory, and/or inappropriate.
5. Prizes: One (1) Contest Winner (the “Winner”) will be selected to receive four (4) tickets to see Illusionist Rick Thomas perform at The Lakeland Center on Monday, March 27, 2017 at 7:30 pm (the “Prize”). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of Prize award. The specifics of the Prize shall be solely determined by Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The Prize is nontransferable. Any and all expenses related to acceptance of the Prize, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of Prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission Sponsor to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Facebook comments received.
7. Winner Selection: The Winner will be the first person to provide a correct answer in the comments section of the Facebook Contest post, according to: a) whether or not a correct answer was provided in the comment, b) the time the comment was posted, and c) the order in which the comment was received. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to determine the correct answer to the post, and which submitted comments constitute correct answers.
8. Winner Notification: The Winner will be notified by Sponsor on or about Friday, March 24, 2017. Winner will be notified via Facebook announcement. Sponsor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize, the prize may be forfeited. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (SPONSOR‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Contest (e.g., photo, video, Facebook comment, etc.), You understand and agree that the Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf the Sponsor, and the Sponsor’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Sponsor from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Sponsor may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
10. Terms & Conditions: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, the Sponsor may select the Winner from all eligible comments posted prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: By commenting on the Contest Facebook post, You agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF FLORIDA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the State of Florida having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The Lakeland Center, Attn: Marketing Department, 701 West Lime Street, Lakeland, FL 33815. Requests must be received no later than March 16, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is The Lakeland Center, 701 West Lime Street, Lakeland, FL 33815.
15. Facebook: The Contest hosted by The Lakeland Center is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. By entering the Contest, You agree that you have affirmatively reviewed and accepted all of these Official Contest Rules.